What India needs to do to make the Pharma Sector more People Focused?
- Right to medicine and health needs to be legislated as a fundamental human right.
- All essential drugs should be under price control and problems in the current price control policy removed.
- All irrational medicines including irrational FDCs should be weeded out from the market.
- Self-reliance in all medicines including bulk drugs must be seen as a national security goal.
- Compulsory license on useful, essential, over-priced drugs under patent.
- Easy takeover of Indian Pharma companies should be stopped.